Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Random Surfings

It was pointed out to me a little while ago that Senator Andrew Bartlett has a blog. Finally got around to reading it. It's interesting to see more progressive politicians adopting blogging as a way to interact with the voting public. This can only be a good thing I reckon. Perhaps it'll catch on with others?

Then I stumbled across mention of some kind of new progressive group, "GetUp!", in this piece on WebDiary. There's also this write-up in The Age. Must admit that I've never heard of them before, and it will be interesting to observe exactly what they do (which seems a bit unclear from their website). Alas, I'm a little pessimistic about the inroads that new left-leaning political movements can make into mainstream Australian politics. If they show any signs of causing trouble for the government then you can bet Howard and his hatchet-men will be all over them.

I was also sent this link to an amusing animation which should appeal to anyone who's ever worked in a technical support role!

And I'll throw in a link to my favourite webcomic Sluggy Freelance. Pete Abrams certainly has a sense of comic timing par excellence.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home